Why is a Strong Brand Important?
Having a strong brand not only helps you stand out from the competition, it helps you connect with prospects and attract new business opportunities by adding credibility and reinforcing your message.
Brands are more important now than ever. The reason? With the influx of businesses both online and physical, consumers are seeking legitimacy and value. Whether it’s an ecommerce website or a brick and mortar business, a strong brand creates trust. A polished and professional look will add credibility to your business that consumers need to make a purchase from your organization.
A strong brand also tells a story about who you are as an organization. While most people assume the cornerstone of your brand is your logo, it’s actually your organization itself. This is why it’s important that logos and marketing materials all support that core message and vision about who you are. If your organization is fast-paced and has a long history in the business, the design of the logo and marketing materials should project that tone.
One of the questions we like to ask our clients is how much equity does your current brand have? Brand equity is the value generated from your customers’ perceptions about your product or service. It can be both positive and negative, and is ultimately determined by consumer behavior such as their awareness, recognition, preference, and loyalty. Sustaining loyalty is key, and marketers need to continually evaluate how to position themselves for long-term success.
Want to improve your brand? Here are some basic tips:
- Know your company’s values and mission. Check to see if these are reflected in your social media profiles and all marketing materials.
- Show your story. We’re living in a very visual-oriented world. Use photos and videos to communicate your company’s personality and style.
- Be human. Build user personas and strive to understand what your audience is really interested in. Find out how to make a real connection with them. Use testimonials.
- Be helpful. Answer questions on social media and public forums. Start and monitor conversations.
- Involve your fans. Engage your customers through promotions and hashtags. Share their content.
- Improve your culture. A positive brand develops from within. Your employees should enjoy working at your company and believe in what you do. Positivity is contagious.
- Become more visible. Don’t just rely on social media. Host events. Get out in the community. Build partnerships.
- Support a cause. It’s a win-win. Rally your employees and give them the time and resources to make an impact.
- Own your brand. Find every opportunity to deliver your message. Don’t be afraid to try podcasts, teach a class, or become a guest speaker.
- Make sure everything you create looks good and looks consistent. From your website and marketing materials to business cards and social media posts, establishing a quality look conveys that you are a quality organization.
- Pay attention to what’s working. Measure results and traffic. Don’t be afraid to try and test new things.
- Have fun. Spread the joy. A little humor goes a long way when appropriate.
A branding campaign is most effective when it’s aligned with your brand’s vision and core message. While it takes time for a brand to gain meaning and recognition, having a unique image that is appropriate, memorable, uncomplicated, and in line with your values will add to your success. If you are looking to build respect for your brand or boost leads, it may be time to freshen up your look or your materials.
Contact us at by phone call 440.799.4325 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org